General Fire and Safety Equipment Company
Fire and Safety Equipment
Since 1964 General Fire and Safety Equipment Company has been the premier fire and safety company for Lincoln and southeast Nebraska. We are committed to the flawless execution of providing our customers with the best products and finest services. The lives and assets of our clients are at stake with each and every system and product we sell and service which is a responsibility we do not take lightly.
General Fire and Safety Equipment Company- Types of Fire and Safety EquipmentGeneral Fire and Safety's services include Fire Extinguishers, Fire Alarms, Hood Suppression Systems for restaurant and paint booths, Clean Agent Suppression Systems, First Aid and Security Systems. A number of our technicians are cross-trained on a variety of services, which allows us to be a one-stop company for many of our clients. Our product line is large and varied and is constantly expanding as new products become available to meet.
- Fire extinguishers are your first line of defense for fires in both the home and business. Small incipient fires can be handled easily by business and homeowner's avoiding the costs for damages and cleanup associated with larger automatic systems. General Fire and Safety has a wide variety of fire extinguishers in stock to meet the different needs of our clients. A good general-purpose extinguisher to own is an ABC, which will put out the three most common types of fires. Type A fires are primarily composed of combustible materials such as wood, paper, and cloth. A Type B fire is flammable liquids such as gasoline, oils, and some paints or solvents. Type C fires are electrical in nature such as would occur in tools, motors, electric panels, and household devices. Different extinguishers which we supply include BC, Class D, Class K, CO2, and Clean Agents. Fire extinguishers are required to be checked by a licensed company annually.
- Fire Alarm systems, commercial and residential, are used to alert occupants to danger. Systems are designed and installed to meet the needs of individual clients, as no two persons needs are the same. Systems can be as simple as smoke detectors ran in sequence or as complex as a panel system with multiple devices including detectors, strobes, and sirens. Fire alarm systems are required to be inspected every six months by a licensed technician.
- Hood Suppression systems discharge either manually or automatically when a fusible link melts due to high heat. Systems of this type are typically found in either restaurants or in auto body shops. Systems of this type are to be inspected every six months by licensed and factory authorized technicians. It is very important that the technician be factory authorized as the manufactures only release updates to these technicians.
- Clean Agent Suppression systems are similar to the systems noted above but differ in the chemical used and the locations they are designed for. A good example of where a unit of this type would be installed would be a computer server room. The chemical (gas) used for suppressing a fire in this environment is not harmful to the equipment or people in the area where as the dry chemicals used in other systems could further damage the equipment you are trying to protect. Another way in which they are similar is that they are also required to be inspected every six months by a licensed and factory authorized technician.
- First Aid is a critical part of any company safety plan. We provide a complete service to your companies needs whether that is one box or one hundred boxes. There is no charge for checking the first aid kits on a monthly, quarterly, or semi annual basis aside from the cost of items needed to be restocked. We customize every first aid kit to the needs of the client while staying within OSHA guidelines. We are the only local company in the Lincoln area to offer mobile first aid service.
Security systems have become more common in recent years as business and homeowners realize their potential uses. Security systems can not only be used for just protecting your home and business from theft but also can be used to monitor for liability purposes. The new DVR systems allow clients to monitor their premises from smart phones, PC's, iPad, etc.
Please call us today to discuss how are services and products can help protect you and the facility.