Lincoln Home Security - AlarmLink USA
Lincoln Home Security
Since the early eighties incidents involving breaking and entering, robbery, and other crimes of this nature have been steadily increasing across the Midwest in both residential and business locations. In 1984 General Security began offering committed caring service to our clients to help them protect there families, homes, and businesses through a wide variety of systems and options. Although Lincoln has the feel and community support of a big “small” town we also unfortunately have many of the problems of a city much larger than us. Criminals don’t care about the people they are hurting, the families they endanger, or the businesses that they destroy which is why a good security system can help you rest well at night knowing that you, your loved ones, and your business are safe.
Our highly trained and committed staff will help you every step of the way to design a system which meets your individual needs, including budget, and is comfortable for you to use. Devices that you can incorporate into your own systems include door contacts, glass breaks, motion detection, high-resolution cameras, IP cameras, DVR recording systems, key fob/id card entry systems, medical alarms, and a wide variety of smoke and carbon monoxide detection.
Types of Security Devices
- Door contacts are magnet plates set adjoining each other that are attached to the door and the jam. When the door is opened and the system is not armed you can the system be silent or a small audible signal. If the system is armed an alarm will sound notifying the occupants and scaring off the intruder.
- Glass breaks are small monitoring devices attached to windows and sliding patio doors that when disturbed, glass breaking or heavy vibration, cause the system to go into alarm alerting the occupants.
- Cameras, like most technology, have improved dramatically since the early 1980’s and have also become more affordable. A large number of camera types exist incorporating such options as color, fixed position, PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom), and interior exterior. Long story short there is a camera available for every situation and budget.
- Digital video recording, gone are the days of racks of video tape recorders and changing the tapes every 6-12 hours! The latest DVR units are capable of storing up to 30 days (or longer) of recorded information with the added bonus that you can burn recorded images onto a CD. Not only do you protect your family and business from theft but have the added bonus of protecting them from fraudulent claims of injuries and the like. The Internet feature on some systems allows you to access your system from anywhere in the world through a computer or smart phone.
- Key fobs and entry cards allow you to track your employees and document arrivals, breaks outside your facility, and departures leading to more productivity. In the event of termination you no longer worry about getting keys turned in as you simply change your access program to no longer allow that employees key fob or I.D card to work.
- Medical alerts can be programmed into many systems which allow older loved ones to contact assistance should they need it via a pendent worn on the wrist or around there neck.
Security systems have an additional value of allowing other systems such as fire alarms to be incorporated into them for one stop care of your family and business.
Many people don’t worry about things like this because “that will never happen to us” and we sincerely hope it doesn’t. Unfortunately know one really can say with any authority what is going to happen in the future.
Call General Security System today to meet with our professional staff and we will design a system to meet your specific needs